Friday, November 24, 2006

Haven't been playing much DotA because I just found the recovery disks of my old comp back in '96. Completed Raptor on every single difficulty level, Die By the Sword twice, and Outwars is friggin impossible without cheats. Installing 10-year-old computer games on Windows XP tends to screw a lot of things up, even AI.

These single player games are kewl, short and dense so they can be completed quickly and re-played over again. Only example I can think of recently would be Max Payne 2. I remember I completed it again and again until I completed it in under an hour.

Speaking of which, my FF7 is HANGING after I meet Yuffie in combat. At least this one is by-passable, not like the time it was hanging before the chocobo races and I had to dl a fix.

So one DotA game a day or so, nothing much memorable, but this week's tournament games should be quite good. Speaking of which, someone, whom I assumed was from the Canberra CC tournament, called me while I was sleeping and set a match at 12 Noon on Sunday. Said he would SMS me the matchup later. Remind me to SMS them for confirmation because for all I know it could have been the @Corner guys speaking (they woke me up, so I forgot to ask).

SPEAKING OF @CORNER. Remind me to check on when we're resuming play.

And while we're still in the topic of competitions, GXL finals apparently clashes with the Telok Blangah CC competition, and registrations are closed, so if there are registrants in mixed teams...

Bleh.

Ant's Rant #4: What NOT to do when being pwned

As the Team Feeder (TM), it is my responsibility to know how to best help my team when I'm getting pwned, and what not to do when getting pwned. Here is what you should NOT do when being pwned.

1) Feed unneccessarily, because being pwned generally means you're on the slippery slope of getting to be pwned even more. This is amplified by the fact that those who are being pwned tend to be frustrated and make stupid mistakes to be pwned even more, so don't...

2) Get frustrated. Unless you are the late gamer or your team has been the primary cause of your being pwned. Realise that many a times, your being pwned is entirely your own damn fault (and of course that of those who are pwning you, but you can't help that). It helps to look on the bright side of things. At least giving your life to send someone home means your late gamer can farm for a few minutes ^^

3) Save up for the big items. Unless the game is going to drag to past 100 minutes, or you're one of those heroes that absolutely need to farm. Someone who goes from pwned to pwning generally farms much less than someone who goes from pwning to even more pwning. Then again, this really only applies to non-late-game heroes.

4) Think that your team is screwed. Unless of course, you're the only late gamer in your team, the game has dragged past 100 minutes, and you are 10 levels below everyone else, then your team is most likely screwed (lots of exceptions here, but I won't state them). Thinking that your team is screwed results in... bad things happening. BAD BAD THINGS.

Positive thinking!

No comments: